Online OSHA HAZWOPER Courses
Click on the HAZWOPER Class You Are Interested In:
Enrolling Multiple Students? Click Here for Group Rates
More About the HAZWOPER Standards
OSHA Standard HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response) is an essential part of your training, and therefore essential knowledge to have in the workplace and on-the-job. This specific standard outlines five specific operational areas, regarding the cleanup and safety measures when dealing with hazardous wastes and toxic materials in a workplace setting.
The HAZWOPER standards outline:
- EPA National Priorities List (NPL) waste disposal sites and clean-up of hazardous wastes handled by a government agency.
- Precautions and corrective measures that must be taken during clean-up of hazardous materials, and the investigation of worksites which involve potential hazardous substances.
- Uncontrolled hazardous waste site cleanup, voluntary operations as recognized by government agencies at the state, local, and federal level.
- TSD (treatment, storage, and disposal) facilities and operations conducted at them.
- Emergency response to the release or spillage of hazardous waste materials.
OSHA defines multiple levels of training in HAZWOPER standards, from general site workers requiring the online 40 Hour HAZWOPER training to On-Scene Incident Commander training requiring the 24 Hour HAZWOPER Training course. There are 18 points to training, covering all levels of HAZWOPER requirements and GHS icon recognition standards.
Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response are among the most important standards in OSHA’s repertoire. With more than 18 different points of training to focus on, and coinciding with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), the knowledge you learn with this essential training course could save the lives of yourself and your coworkers. Sign up for our OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER course today, or refresh your training with the 8-Hour Annual Refresher Course here. OSHA Pros, America’s OSHA Training and Compliance Experts, ensuring compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Administration standards and regulations in all 50 U.S. states.